An unexpected electrical problem below the roof sparked a massive blaze at this four-story condominium building in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC.
The fire quickly got out of control due to the century-old water mains inability to provide ample water to extinguish the flames. The roof collapsed into the fourth floor leaving dozens of residents homeless. Once the fire was out, all that remained was debris and the building’s exterior walls.
Minkoff was brought in immediately to stabilize and secure the building. Working with the Board of Directors, the property manager, and the insurance carrier, Minkoff devised a complete restoration plan. Paying close attention to all of the original details, Minkoff reconstructed the entire building delivering twenty eight units in just over one year.